amandaleigh

Amanda

You had the power all along, my dear...

These Broken Stars
Amie Kaufman, Meagan Spooner
Progress: 50 %

Truth: Consequences #2

Truth - Aleatha Romig Truth was a definite improvement, for me, over Consequences but there are parts I still did not connect with like Sophia and Derek. If I could edit these two books, they would be much shorter, and with a few changes, I could have been more attached with the characters and been completely enthralled. I didn't get a real connection with Tony and Claire in the first book so I know it held back some thoughts and emotions towards them in the second. Truth was more of a page turner and I just kept wanting to know what would happen next – some parts were more predictable like the dream and Marie than others – but I am much more satisfied with this installment in the series.If you put the time in (and finished) Consequences, I would recommend Truth. I am not going to say much because I enjoyed the unknown and don’t want to spoil it for other interested readers. I will admit I was a bit disappointed with the ending and would have been seriously mad if the “Afterward” section had not been included, but then again, I hate cliffhangers. I am hoping that Conviction goes back and explains in some detail the last of Truth. Did I just say that? Yes, I felt some details were left out that I would have appreciated - like what happened with Marcus Evergreen how the plan was executed to get to the "Afterward". Maybe I’m not the norm and appreciate other details than most but I’ve still got questions that I hope get answered.I’m not happy that the release for the next book is scheduled for 2014. If it were out now, I’d be reading it and I probably will but I can’t say for certain how invested I'll be though.