amandaleigh

Amanda

You had the power all along, my dear...

These Broken Stars
Amie Kaufman, Meagan Spooner
Progress: 50 %
How to Kill a Rock Star - Tiffanie DeBartolo “Tell me what you listen to, and I’ll tell you who you are.”Without a doubt one of the best goddamn books I’ve read all year. In fact, this will be one I’ll re-read probably every year. I loved the rhythm along with the musical references. Paul is the swoon worthy lead singer of a band and Eliza is a music journalist. Match made in Heaven? Maybe. Remember the song Love Hurts? Love hurts, love scars, love wounds and marksAny heart not tough nor strong enough To take a lot of pain, take a lot of pain…That song was written for soul-burning and star-crossed lovers alike. Relationships are just hard but the good times and goose bumps are worth the heart-break and tears shed, right? Paul’s cocky-bastard smile stole my heart and his journal worked its way into my soul. I felt every mind-blowing emotion and kept going back for more. Yes, swell my heart until it damn near explodes, then please sucker punch me in the gut and spray my eyes with mace. Yep, I think that sums up my reading experience. I wanted to read faster and slower all at the same time. I couldn’t put the book down and I couldn’t get it off my mind. Still can’t actually. I will never look at an AK-47 the same way again.