amandaleigh

Amanda

You had the power all along, my dear...

These Broken Stars
Amie Kaufman, Meagan Spooner
Progress: 50 %
Onyx - Jennifer L. Armentrout I sincerely missed the banter between Katy and Daemon. To top that off, I didn’t actually get the sexual tension vibe that was being put out there by the early reviews. Yes, Daemon has the hots for Katy but all she did was denying him by refusing to believe he actually likes her because it isn’t real. If that is sexual tension, I don’t know how I snagged a husband. Katy drove me insane the first half of the book. At one point I commented “I wanted to throttle Katy half the time” but by the middle of the book that fifty percent moved to about ninety and I doubted she could redeem herself. Actually, I’m not sure if she did but at least she kept her stupid complaints to herself and Daemon’s sweet ass didn’t drop her for being repeatedly ignorant and tight lipped. The second half of the book saved Onyx for my enjoyment and more so reminded me why I was looking forward to the release of this book. Perhaps my expectations were a bit too high. The first half of the read would rate a 2 star for Katy’s annoyingness but the second would get a 4. Luckily, I still enjoyed the book as a whole and got over the “What the hell are you thinking, Katy?!?” moments enough to look forward to the next book(s) in the series. Fingers crossed that Katy buys more headbands and ponytail holders in Opal and that she doesn’t revert back to the disappointing heroine again.